This is my learning log for the OCA Ditigal Photographic Practice course

Monday 28 October 2013

Project: Black and white


Exercise: Colours into tones 2

DSC_2509_edit01_web
For this exercise I have chosen a landscape to enhance the aerial perspective. This is the original image.


image
Here is the default black and white conversion in Silver FX Pro.


image
Here is the enhanced version in which I have increased the contrast slightly by applying a 76% filter strength to the red channel (18 degrees on the colour wheel) which has darkened the blue of the sea.


DSC_2799_edit 02
I thought I would repeat the exercise with this more dramatic image from my archive.




image
Default conversion in Silver FX Pro


image
By applying a 100% filter to the yellow hues, the contrast of the sunlight area in the centre has been increased and the plants in the foreground have been made lighter, making them more prominent.


Conclusion: This was a useful exercise in learning how to adjust the different channels and to see what effects can be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment