This is my learning log for the OCA Ditigal Photographic Practice course

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Project: Creative interpretation

 

Exercise: Interpretive processing

I’ve created three versions of this derelict public house in Plymouth:

DSC_2035_BW_grain

 

I wanted to emphasise the “grimy” feel of this location. I converted the image to black and white and added a lot of grain. I think this works very well. This effect was achieved using Silver FX Pro2 as an add in to Capture NX2.


 

DSC_2035_pink sky

 

My second interpretation included a pink sky – sunset or sunrise. This works well because the pub was originally very pale pink and it looks as if the walls are reflecting the pink light from the sky. The effects for this image and the subsequent image were achieved using three or four colour control points to modify the colour and/or brightness and contrast of certain areas of the sky.


 

DSC_2035_stormy_sky

 

I’ve changed the contrast and brightness of the sky for this version for a “Gothic” horror effect. It might be a bit exaggerated but I like it.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment