This is my learning log for the OCA Ditigal Photographic Practice course

Monday 9 December 2013

Project: Digital photography and truth


Exercise: Alteration
I chose this image from my archive to demonstrate the use of various tools in PSE9 to edit the people out of this image.
DSC_1978

Using only the variable sized clone tool brush I have removed the people from the foreground and from the left hand edge of the picture.

DSC_1978_edit

This has involved a lot of detailed work. I’m nor sure if it is something that I would do very often. I’m sure it is better to make the extra effort to compose carefully before pressing the shutter.

This is the final exercise for this part of the course. Please look at my DPP Assignments blog for details of Assignment four : Real or Fake?

Here is a link to a discussion on the OCA forum  about manipulating images and the Associated Press agency's reaction to digital altering of an image: http://www.oca-student.com/content/fair-decision-or-absurb-over-reaction


No comments:

Post a Comment