This is my learning log for the OCA Ditigal Photographic Practice course

Friday 15 November 2013

Reading: The Ongoing Moment – Geoff Dyer

 

 

This is the link to Sean O'Hagan's review which I read before purchasing the book:

http://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2005/oct/16/art

I enjoyed it. A slow start but I soon got into it. A perfect foil to Art Photography Now as it concentrated mainly on the founding figures of American photography. Tongue in cheek at times it shows that there is nothing new in photography only that the same subject is interpreted differently each time a new photographer tackles it. The author writes not only about the photographs but about the lives and motivations of the photographers too. This is a book I will dip in and out of as I come across references to the work of the photographers included.

The ideas expressed have gone into the melting pot and hopefully will be absorbed and help me to  express myself photographically as I continue my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment