Exercises 1 and 2
Workflow: As suggested in the learning materials, I will complete these exercises as part of later assignments.
Meanwhile I thought it would be a good exercise just to note down what my current practice is.
- Check camera and lenses are clean
- Charge battery and spare
- Check camera bag for equipment (lenses, HD cards, lens tissues, notebook, pencil etc.)
- Reset camera to default settings
- Change settings to the situation. (I have two basic schemes depending whether I’m shooting indoors or out)
- Remove SD cards and store in cases.
- Load images onto PC using Nikon Transfer. (Images are saved to external and internal drives and after processing are archived to CD and indexed)
- View in Capture NX2, delete any gash files
- Select acceptable images and grade them
- Geometric corrections. (crop, lens distortion, horizontal and vertical corrections)
- Remove colour casts (white balance adjustments)
- Initial retouching (spots, dust etc. using auto retouch)
- Adjust tone and contrast
- Perform colour correction (global or local)
- Final tweaks
- Sharpen and output the image